Move On When Ready Applicants
North Georgia is committed to making college available for those high school juniors and seniors who are academically ready to do college level work.
HB 149, "The Move on When Ready Act," permits 11th and 12th grade students to leave their assigned high schools and attend postsecondary institutions full-time to earn course credit that will apply towards high school graduation and college. The "Move on When Ready Act," is intended as another option (not a replacement) for 11th and 12th graders, in addition to other regular dual enrollment programs, residential programs, early college, career academies and charter schools. MOWR program is only available to students entering the 11th or 12th grade and who spent the prior year (2 consecutive semesters) in attendance at a Georgia public high school.
Students applying for admission must meet the following requirements to be considered:
- Submit an application for undergraduate admission with a non-refundable application fee.
- Non-cadet students must be at least 16 years of age at the time of enrollment and be of good moral character. Cadet students must be at least 17 years of age at the time of enrollment and be of good moral character.
- Students must be on track to complete high school graduation requirements.
- Be an 11th or 12th grade high school student in a Georgia public high school.
- Students must have completed their prior year (two consecutive semesters) in a Georgia public high school.
- Submit a copy of the Permission to Participate form, signed by the high school guidance counselor, parent(s) and student and the MOWR Checklist.
- Have an official high school transcript and official SAT or ACT scores submitted.
- Present a cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.70 or better in CPC coursework.
- Present minimum SAT scores of 600 Verbal and 600 Math or ACT scores of 27 English and 27 Math with a composite score of at least 27.
- Submit proof of lawful presence in the United States, if seeking in-state tuition. Applicants who have been granted permanent U.S. residency must submit proof of permanent residency.
- Applicants seeking F-1 or J-1 visas must complete the international student application.
- Prior to enrolling, submit a North Georgia Certificate of Immunization, showing proof of immunization should be submitted to Student Health Services.
- Students wishing to enroll as a MOWR cadet are required to meet with the Commandant of Cadets prior to an admissions decision being determined. Appointments with the Commandant should be made by contacting our Cadet Admissions Office.
- A completed North Georgia Medical Report (for Cadets only).
Other Program Requirements
Students must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours as of the last day of the drop/add period. Postsecondary institutions are under no obligation to offer courses that will insure a student participating in MOWR will complete high school graduation requirements on time.
Students wishing to commute must meet the requirements listed in our Residence Policy, www.northgeorgia.edu/residence. Student wishing to live on campus in our residence halls are required to meet all housing deadlines and requirements, www.northgeorgia.edu/reslife.