Tuition Waiver for Persons 62 Years of Age or Older
Pursuant to the provisions of the Georgia Constitution, the University System of Georgia establishes the following rules with respect to enrollment of persons 62 years of age or older in units of the University System. To be eligible for enrollment under this provision, such persons:
- Must be residents of Georgia, 62 years of age or older at the time of registration, and shall present a birth certificate or other comparable written documentation of age to enable the institution to determine eligibility.
- May enroll as a regular or auditing student in courses offered for resident credit on a "space-available" basis without payment of fees, except for the application for admission, supplies, laboratory, or shop fees.
- Must apply, pay the application fee, and meet all admission requirements. Students should refer to the student types (degree-seeking, non-degree, etc.). Prerequisites may be required in certain courses.
- All applicants are required to submit proof of lawful presence in the United States.
- Shall have all usual student and institutional records maintained; however, institutions will not report such students for budgetary purposes.
- Must meet all System, institution, and legislated degree requirements if they are degree-seeking students.
- Immunization records must be provided to Student Health Services.
- May not enroll in Dental, Medical, Veterinary, Law Schools or other premium undergraduate or graduate programs under the provisions of this policy.
- Students are accepted and registered on a space-available basis.