Post-Master's Cert in Nursing Ed General Admission Requirements
The following documents must be received prior to admission:
- North Georgia Graduate Admissions application and non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts documenting an earned master's degree from a regionally accredited. institution with a professionally accredited nursing program. Official international transcripts must have a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Transcripts must include certification that the applicant has received a master's degree from a regionally-accredited institution and state a calculated cumulative GPA.
In accordance with Board of Regents' policy, the following documents must be received two weeks prior to the first day of the term:
- North Georgia Immunization Certification form. Former North Georgia students are required to submit only proof of a tetanus booster within the last ten years.
- If applying for in-state tuition, proof of lawful presence in the U.S.
The following documents must be received prior to the first day of the initial term for which the student is enrolled:
- Copy of Georgia Registered Nurse (RN) license.
- Proof of RN liability insurance.
- Completed Accident/Illness Waiver form
- Evidence of current CPR certification.
- Criminal background check.
- Completed Department of Nursing Medical form. It is the student's responsibility to make sure all requirements are up to date.
Students enrolled in clinical courses who have not submitted all of the above documentation prior to the first day of the term will not be allowed to attend until all documentation has been received. Students are responsible for all course material and for all announcements and assignments. The decision to permit students to make up work that is required in any missed class resides with the instructor.