Post-Masters Certificate for FNPs General Admissions Eligibility
- Master of Science in Nursing from a regionally-accredited institution with a nationally-accredited school of nursing.
- One year post-licensure clinical work experience in the United States.
- Current unencumbered Georgia Registered Nurse license.
General Requirements for Post-Masters Certificate for FNPs
The following documents must be received prior to admission:
- North Georgia Graduate Admissions application and application fee.
- Official transcripts from all institutions of higher education previously attended. Official international transcripts must have a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Transcripts must include certification that the applicant has received a master's degree from an accredited institution and state a calculated cumulative GPA.
The following documents must be received prior to the first day of the initial term for which the student is enrolled:
- North Georgia Immunization Certification form, in accordance with Board of Regents policy.
- Copy of Georgia Registered Nurse (RN) license.
- Proof of FNP student liability insurance.
- Completed Accident/Illness Waiver form.
- Evidence of current CPR certification.
- Criminal background check.
- Completed Department of Nursing Medical form. It is the student's responsibility to make sure all requirements are up to date.
All students who have not submitted all of the above documentation prior to the first day of the term will not be allowed to attend until all documentation has been received. Students are responsible for all course material and for all announcements and assignments. The decision to permit students to make up work that is required in any missed class resides with the instructor.